Pack the picnic basket, there are so many beautiful locations close by to throw down a tartan rug and enjoy the scenery.
We headed out to a few spots to show off Bayside and Glen Eira this autumn as the weather cools down.
And while it may not be warm enough to take a dip in the water, there’s so much to love about where you live.
1. One of Bayside’s most famous spots is the Ricketts Point Marine Sanctuary – perfect for rockpooling, spotting some birds and going for a stroll along the beach.
2. North Road Reserve in Brighton’s a great waterfront pit stop. A fun park with a wooden ship to climb on overlooking the water, what’s not to love!
3. Sit under the trees or enjoy a short stroll around Joyce Park, Jasper Road, Ormond. This park has it all – lots of picnic spots, a playground and more to explore.
4. Spot the feathery friends at Caulfield Park Lake this autumn and take in the surroundings. Such a nice local spot to visit, if you’re looking for a Sunday activity!
5. The perfect look out spot at the Black Rock Gardens. Stroll down to the beach or capture the sunset/sunrise here. Magic.
6. King George VI Memorial Reserve in Bentleigh East is a small little park, popular with dog walkers. Worth a visit!